Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cruelty-Free Summer Essentials

Summer has officially graced us with its sunshiny presence, and I for one am beyond stoked! *cartwheels*
I can't wait for vegan barbecues, mini road trips, chillin' with my homies, snugglin' with my boo under the summer night sky, and hittin' up the beach!

Before you start going nuts with your summer plans, it's a good idea to stock up on some cruelty-free hot weather essentials. Here's a quickie list of some of my faves!

Summer Must-Haves:
  • You've gotta protect yourself from harmful UV rays. I ♥ ♥ ♥ Kiss My Face Sunscreen SPF 50. (<– 50!!)
  • Lookin' to get your gams all smooth and bikini ready? Wally Cruelty-Free Razor to the rescue!
  • Hit the sand with an eco-friendly beach towel like this bamboo one from DreamSacks.
  • Don't forget about some cool, breathable shoesie woosies like this eco pair of flip flops from FeelGoodz.
  • Complete your summery look with an über trendy pair of shades. The ones from TOMS are not only crazy stylish, but they help support a good cause.
  • You can't go to the beach without a good book in hand… May I kindly suggest Animal Liberation? It's the book that got me to go vegan back in the day! Looking for a lighter read? The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life is AWESOME!
  • While you're out and about or chillin' at the beach, you're bound to get a li'l snacky. How about bringing along some Luna Bars, Primal Strips vegan jerky and/or fresh fruit? Yums!

No comments:

Post a Comment